Friday, March 21, 2008

YouTube

After viewing about 7 videos on YouTube, I finally found one I liked pretty good. Most of the ones I saw were not really very helpful if used and some that I clicked on were just plain too long for this exercise. One was more than 70 minutes long. I liked one on the Otis public library the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS28qydjfsg This is the link.

I think this video could be better but it was more of what I was looking for. It was a video that basically explained what services were available at the library. I liked some of the humor in the video. They showed viewers their facilities and introduced their staff. I think this could be cool to watch if you lived in this town and knew these people.

I liked what the video that was 7o minutes was doing. This video was a presentation on 2.0 technologies and how to incorporate them into the library. I actually will probably watch this at a later time but not right now. I have not really thought of YouTube as a way to broadcast a presentation to anyone and now that I have this idea, I think it is extremely useful. I have watched some webinars on educause and this could be very similar although you don't have the live chatting feature.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good video - I hadn't seen that one yet. Thanks for posting!